Finch Plumbing Co. Inc. was founded in 1935 by Leo Finch and operated out of an office in Wellston, Missouri. When Leo passed away in 1957, his only child, Chuck, took control of the business, concentrating primarily in commercial plumbing and repair work. Finch Plumbing relocated to a newly built office building in Bridgeton in 1973. In 1975, with the housing boom coming to the St. Louis area, Chuck decided to expand the services of Finch Plumbing to residential and commercial plumbing.
Finch Plumbing relocated to the Chesterfield Valley area in 1976, and Chuck’s son Jim began working in the field that same year. Finch Plumbing remained there until 2012 when Finch Plumbing merged with Kyhl Plumbing and moved back to Bridgeton. Jim was the sole owner and master plumber of Finch Plumbing from 1986 until 2015.
Jim’s eldest daughter, Stephannie, joined the business in 2013, training in the office as a project cost estimator and assisting with customer service. She has now taken over her father’s duties and plans to continue her family’s business for the foreseeable future as the fourth generation owner.